When it comes to installing solar panels, you may find better rates depending on the time of year you choose to install. If you wait until the peak seasons to make a purchase, you may get a much higher quote. However, if you plan and take advantage of government incentives and favorable seasons for solar power, you’ll be able to save a sizable amount of money on your installation costs. Here’s a guide on when the best time to buy solar energy is:
The sun shines brighter throughout the day in springtime, which means more sunlight reaches the ground and can be converted into electricity. This also corresponds with peak daylight savings time in most states, so homeowners have an extra incentive to go solar during this period.
Springtime is a great time to invest in solar power because rates are usually lower than during the summer. Solar companies push hardest for solar installations in the summer, and this is also the time when most homeowners are asking to have their systems serviced to make sure they are operating at full efficiency. This means that the wait time to install solar in the summer may be longer, and rates will likely be more expensive due to high demand.
Another advantage of installing solar panels in the spring is the weather is typically pretty mild. There may be times where your home is without power for brief periods during the process of a solar installation. This can be uncomfortable during the winter or summer months, but the temperatures in the springtime should be much more manageable.
Finally, by installing solar power in the spring, you’ll have it ready just in time for the peak summer months. If you’re considering a solar panel installation, the springtime should be at the top of your list! Reach out to a local solar installer to get the process started!
In the summertime, there’s less cloud coverage and more sunshine overall. Solar panels produce their highest output during these hot months due to increased temperatures from the sun’s UV rays directly hitting the panels’ materials. While solar panels work efficiently to produce energy year round, most people think to install solar in the summer when the sun is shining the brightest. This means that their may be longer wait times for a solar company to come out and install your system.
As we mentioned, the summer months can be very busy for local solar companies, but the summertime is still a great time to install solar energy systems! Summer marks the peak output of solar panels. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), solar panel production reaches its highest levels in July and August due to increased temperatures from the sun. While rates may be higher during this time, shop around to see if you can find significant discounts or rebates for new homeowners installing solar energy systems during this season.
In the fall and winter, solar panels produce slightly less energy because of the lower sunlight levels. The days are shorter which means that the solar panels are receiving less peak sunlight hours. However, this doesn’t mean that your solar panel system will not generate electricity and lower your electric bill through these months.
Demand to install solar panels is typically lower during these months, making it a great time to call your local solar company and look into an installation. Keep in mind that solar panels can last up to 20+ years before their power output starts to diminish. That means even if you install in the fall or winter when energy production isn’t as great, you will still have plenty of springs and summers ahead to reap the benefits of solar energy when it is at its peak.
During winter, it’s important that your roof is safe to install solar panels. With workers on the rooftops, it’s imperative that the roof is clear of snow and ice. We do not recommend installing solar panels yourself during these times and encourage that you leave this to a professional team.
To get the most out of your solar panels in the cooler months, it is crucial to ensure your solar panel system is wired correctly and prepared for this time of year. Here are a few tips:
– Stay on top of your electric bill and compare how expensive electricity usage is month to month. While solar panels will likely cover less of your electricity costs in the fall and winter months, if the difference seems too dramatic, their may be an underlying problem with your system.
– Check your solar meter to make sure your panels are producing adequate amounts of power. This information should be relayed to your local solar company so that they can come out and service the system if need be.
– Watch out for errors with your solar inverter. Most inverters will have a light warning system that will notify you when your solar system is not converting energy as effectively as it should be.
– Check your panels for wear and tear at least once a year. If they need to be replaced, do so as soon as possible to minimize energy loss.
– Make sure your solar panels are clean and well-maintained to ensure maximum output.
What are the benefits of solar energy?
-Solar energy systems provide clean, renewable power that doesn’t contribute to air pollution or climate change.
-They help reduce your reliance on fossil fuels, increase your environmental awareness and help protect our planet’s future.
– Solar energy is becoming more and more affordable every year. As technology improves, solar panels become smaller and less expensive, making them a viable option for everyone.
-In some cases, installing a solar energy system will have a lower monthly cost than what you are currently paying for your electric bill. The money you save on utility bills could go towards your monthly solar bill, meaning they will help pay themselves off!
– Solar panel installations come with a variety of incentives. For example, those that install solar become eligible for the Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC). This credit multiplies the cost of your solar installation by 30%, and then allows you to receive this amount as a rebate towards your federal taxes. Whether you’re looking for long-term savings or want to take advantage of government incentives before they expire, there is no reason not to consider installing a solar system during any season!
– A solar panel installation will immediately increase your home’s property value. There are a variety of different estimates that predict how much a home’s value will increase with a solar installation. Some research claims that property value’s will increase by 4-5%, while others say that a home’s value will increase over $5,000 for every kilowatt of solar panels that are installed. No matter how you slice it, a solar panel installation is one of the most beneficial home renovations that you can purchase. Consider speaking to a realtor if you have questions about the value increase you can expect to see.
– Unlike coal or oil plants which produce air pollution affecting people and the environment, solar panels use sunlight to create electricity. This is a renewable resource that will never run out, where as traditional electricity and natural gas rely on non-renewable energy sources. Solar power is environmentally friendly from start to finish!
Solar energy installations are available year-round, but rates tend to be higher in the summer months due to higher demand from solar customers. This is because solar panels work best when sunlight hits them directly, so consumers want to take advantage of the high power output during the hotter months. During the winter, less sunlight reaches the panels and solar power production decreases accordingly. This leads to decreased demand and typically lower installation rates making it a great time to consider an installation.
Keep in mind that solar panels will still work year round no matter what the weather is. In order to make sure you are getting the most out of your solar panel system, it’s essential to review your electricity bills carefully each month and monitor your system. Don’t hesitate to call the company that installed your solar panels to make sure that everything is functioning properly.
We here at Poly Energy hope that you consider installing solar soon and take advantage of all the perks that this green energy source has to offer!